Services & Support
We at York University know that a great education requires a fine balance of academic success, personal well-being, terrific support services and a sense of community. You get all that at York!
We offer a variety services to help you achieve academic success. Here are some resources to help you in your studies.
- Learning Skills workshops to maximize your learning experience
- Drop-in sessions with Learning Skills Peers to talk strategies for success
- Get help with your studies in the Learning Commons
- Access the library's Research Guides
- Consult with academic advising for your program
- Enhance your writing skills with the Writing Centre at LAPS
Our services provide accommodations for students students living with learning, mental or physical barriers, including but not limited to ADHD, difficulties due to injuries such as concussions, hearing impairment, dyslexia and more.
- Register for academic accomodations
- Renew your accommodations with Student Accessibility Services
- FAQ for online accommodations and returning to class
- Glendon Accessibility Services
- Not sure if this applies to you? Book a screening appointment.
York University strives to provide services that ensure the safety of all its students.
- WalkSAFE mobile app for safety
- Why Work Alone Program for evening, weekend and holiday support
- Safety at York
- Important information about COVID-19
- Dealing with race-related stress
- Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion
- Gender/LGBTQ*/Positive Space resources and organizations
Here are some of the resources created to support you at York in and out of the classroom:
Your physical and mental well-being is important to us. Whether it's getting involved in sports, or taking care of your mental well-being, here are some resources to get you started!
- Get involved with York University Athletics Intramurals
- Glendon Athletic Club for students enrolled at Glendon
- Health tips and resources from Health Education & Promotion
- Student health insurance info
- Well-being resources for students
- Counselling services for students
- Mental health and accessibility for students enrolled at Glendon
- Graduate students wellness and counselling
- York University Psychology Clinic for virtual mental health support
Our Centre for Indigenous Student Services (CISS) provides academic, spiritual, cultural and physical support to Indigenous-identifying students. CISS offers programs, Indigenous resource videos, help navigating Indigenous scholarships, awards and bursaries, events & activities, and much more!
Check out these other Indigenous resources:
- Indigenous Students Association at York Facebook
- Osgoode Indigenous Students Association Facebook
- Campus Associations & Service Partners
- Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training
- Off-Campus Aboriginal Organizations
- Indigenous Framework
- Land Acknowledgement
If you’ve experienced emergencies or a crisis, such as a serious medical illness or a death of an immediate family member, York has several services you can access to help.
- OSCR for crisis support and advice
- The Centre for sexual violence response and support
- York Ombudsperson for neutral conflict resolution
- Academic Petition to enrol or withdraw after a deadline
- Financial Petitions for refunds on courses dropped after the deadline
Connect with York University